web page hit counter

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bar Camp Austin in March

And during SXSW. Heh. Bar Camps seem to be acquiring quite the reputation as rabble rousers and trouble makers. Yet did Sundance really arrive until Slamdance showed up? The focus on venues and events rather than on getting creative people together whicheverway is a symptom of the corporatization of creative life that I'd just as soon see fall by the wayside. That said, if it's going to happen, I'd rather see it happen in Dallas. But I'll be there anyway, you should probably go too:

http://barcamp.org/BarCampAustin

tags: , , , , , , , ,

You should follow me on twitter here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your sentiment about it feeling too much about where and when than about who and what.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home