web page hit counter

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DayTripr

We go on lots of day trips. Before our daughter was born we went on bunches, and now that she's two, we go on even more. Planning is a pain. I generally spend as many hours planning as I do on the road. There's a lot of good information out there on the Interweb, but it's spread out and hard to find. Traditional travel sites aren't much use, they concentrate on flights and hotels. Chamber of commerce sites have lots of information, but like those day trip books in the "Local" section of every chain bookstore, they're hit-or miss (often out of date and of questionable quality)

I tend to use recommendations from friends and depend a great deal on serendipity (especially write ups in blogs), but I don't always get lucky, and sometimes it gets a little stressful.

Day trips are just different than multi-day trips, and I feel like they've been neglected.

Out of these frustrations (and some really good conversations at Bar Camp NYC 2) is born... DayTripr : The place to plan, record and share your favorite day trips. Well, technically, "will be born". I'm in the middle of coding right now. The site should premier sometime next week. I've got friends and relatives lined up to help with the initial content, but it's going to take a lot more than that to get the site up to speed. I may be asking some of you, dear readers, for a little help. For right now, any feedback on the idea itself is appreciated.

More soon...

Labels: ,

You should follow me on twitter here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great ideas about travel websites!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home